Sean Spicer bars the ‘Times,’ BBC, CNN from press briefing amid White House’s war on media
- On Friday, the Trump administration took its anti-press rhetoric to the next level when several outlets, including the New York Times and CNN, were blocked from attending an informal briefing with White House press secretary Sean Spicer.
- Other outlets including the far-right Breitbart and the Washington Times were allowed in, according to the Hill, one of the outlets that wasn’t permitted access.
- The administration’s actions on Friday directly contradict how Spicer previously said the press should be treated.
- Back in December, he told Politico’s Jake Sherman and Anna Palmer that the Trump White House would not take the authoritarian step of banning reporters. Read more (2/24/17 3:22 PM)